And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together
Okay, so I have totally gone through phases where I am so on fire for God. I do all the right things that a Christian should do. I wake up thirty minutes early, read my Bible, and do my daily devotional before starting my day. I’m sure this routine works for some people, but that routine isn’t what sets me on fire for God. throughout my life, I have definitely gone through so many ups and downs in my faith, and I have struggled with consistency. I hate setting a routine when it comes to my spiritual life, and I can’t wake up and do the same thing every day. So today, I am going to give you six tips for keeping your spiritual momentum and fire going all year long!
- Spending Time in Prayer
- The first thing you can do to keep your momentum going in your relationship with God is prayer. Prayer is so simple, so effective, and such an easy way to communicate with God. Whenever I pray, I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. God is that person you can talk to about anything without barriers, so make sure you talk to Him about everything without putting boundaries on your prayers. It is hard to pray about certain things, but make sure you do it. Something I pray for is my relationships and that if God doesn’t want certain people in my life, He will take them out. This is so hard to pray for, but it is more important to know that you are following God’s path.
- Spending Time in Worship
- I love love love worship. Worship can be so diverse and can be expressed in so many different ways, and I love seeing how people embrace worship and feel God’s presence. Some people feel God by art, some by music, some by serving, etc. There are so many possibilities. I love worshipping God through music. I’m not a musical person or a good singer by any means, but I love to listen to worship music and feel God’s presence. I also love to worship God using writing. I love to write and I love it when God uses my skills to share messages with others all around the world. Make sure to involve worship in your daily life throughout the day, because it is so important to feel God in your day to day life.
- Having the Right Mindset
- Mindset is also a large part of keeping up the momentum in your faith. If you decide to just give up and not attempt to get closer to God, you won’t be actively working on your faith. Make sure to keep an eternal mindset in your life. Your life here on earth truly does not matter. There is so much more for us in heaven and life right now is just a little tiny part of God’s love and purpose for us. Focus right now on growing closer to God and doing everything you can for Him because that is all that truly matters.
- Listening to Sermons
- Youtube has been so helpful for me honestly. You know how you will go to a conference and get super on fire for the Lord? Thanks to youtube, I have been able to listen to some of the most well-known and spirit lead individuals every.single.day. This is so amazing guys! You can listen to sermons every single day, so do it!! Something I always say is “Sermons aren’t just for Sundays” and you should listen to spiritual sermons and podcasts daily, too! Here’s a challenge for you: every day while you get ready, listen to a sermon. It will change your life, mindset, and set up your day for success!
- Take Time to Journal
- My next tip: get a journaling Bible. I am that person who writes down a million notes whenever I am listening to a sermon or when I am reading my Bible. Having a journaling Bible has been so beneficial to my spiritual life and it is also so insightful to look back and see all of the notes I made in my Bible. It is so important to have a Bible that you love. Get a Bible that makes you feel inspired to read it and draws you in!
- Having Good Friends
- Having good friends is so essential. Even if you have one good friend who encourages you to be the best Christian you can be, that is still way better than having five good friends who are lukewarm Christians or people who don’t follow God at all. Have discernment with your friends, and don’t be afraid to stop hanging out with people who don’t encourage your walk with God. If you don’t have good friends right now, pray that God will bring them to you in His timing. Be friends with people who make good decisions, have a relationship with God, and pray for you.
Thank you so much for reading today’s post! If you have any other ways that you keep the momentum in your relationship with God, comment down below! You can also email me at email@example.com (I love hearing from you guys) or message me on Instagram (thoughts.from.cami) I’m praying for you guys!- Cami